Friday, 7 November 2014

You Beauty Discovery Box (November)

 I love beauty boxes, getting a surprise package of beauty goodies every month is my idea of heaven! I’ve tried other boxes, such as Birchbox which I did enjoy but the thing I disliked and the reason I ended up cancelling was the fact you could never choose what you were to receive and I didn’t seem to have the best luck ever, I always seemed to get something I’d never use or wasn’t right for me.
When I saw the You Beauty Discovery Box online I thought it looked perfect for me – basically it lets you pick two products from a monthly selection menu and you get 2-3 extra pre-selected products chosen for you. I really like this idea as it gives you the chance to get two products you really want and you get the added bonus of trying out something new. 
The selection menu goes live at 7am on the 1st of each month, so like a true beauty fanatic I found myself logged into my account at 7am last Saturday and this is was I chose:




Roques O’neil Himalayan Detox Salts 100g – I am a huge bath lover, and I like nothing more than a nice relaxing soak. These pretty pink salts are packed full of minerals and essential oils such as Geranium, Rosewood, Patchouli and Lavender to really help relieve the body of any stress and tension it may be holding onto and to also aid with sleep. I plan on using these once a week in my Sunday pamper bath, this is a really generous sample size so I should get a few good uses out of this before I decide if I love it enough to purchase the full size!
Magnifibres Brush-On False Lashes – This is a full sized product which I was super pleased with! It looks like the most interesting beauty product ever! As you may have previously read I am always on the hunt for the ultimate mascara and this product may just help make my all-time favourite even better! The idea is that you apply one coat of your normal mascara and whilst still wet apply the maginfibres. The little fibres will cling to the lashes and when you apply your second coat of mascara it’s supposed to add extra oomph and wow factor! I am so excited to try this out and I will be posting a separate review of this product soon.
Monthly Extras – Merumaya Melting Cleansing Balm and Iconic Youth Serum & Aduna Baobab Superfruit Powder. I am looking forward to trying out the cleansing balm but I think I might give the serum to my mum as it might be a bit mature for my skin at the moment. The Baobab superfruit powder will be great to mix with a yoghurt in the morning, it appeals to the healthy side of me as it contains a high amount of vitamin C and fibre, I have no idea what it is going to taste like so I will report back!
The You beauty discovery box is priced at only £6.95 per month and that includes postage! Considering the contents of this box is worth around £25 this is a complete bargain in my mind! I can’t wait for Next months box already!!

You can check it out here.

8 comments:

  1. Ahh I'm such a bath person, I've never used salts though, but they look and sound so nice, I feel relaxed just reading about it.
    I've always wanted to sign up for one of these, but most of them have been incredibly expensive.
    How is it soo cheap?! GOOD FIND. You've probably just changed my life, my baths will no longer be without salts.

    Other Infinities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I hope they work for you! I'm yet to try mine out so will have to report back and let you know if they are any good! This is only my second box but I'm really impressed with it so far! Thank you for your lovely comment! xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm really pleased with my choices, they look like good sized samples so should get to really have a good play around! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Great box, I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! I am now a follower via bloglovin - you have a great blog! xx

      Delete
  4. It's so good that you can choose two products yourself, would a great touch! The salts look lovely!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what really attracted me to this type of beauty box, I feel like I'm getting much better value for money! :) xxx

      Delete

I always love to read your thoughts on my blog! xxxx