Sunday, 9 November 2014

Nivea In Shower Body Moisturiser

I know I’m pretty late on the band wagon with this product but to be honest this was one product I thought would be a total and utter gimmick.
All I can say is… what a total and utter fool I am! I literally cannot be without this little wonder product and my skin has met its life partner!

I am a bit lazy when it comes to moisturising my skin, I know it’s a step I should always do but I can never be bothered when I got out of the bath/shower & most of the times I just forget. I decided that I really needed to start moisturising more after we came back from Greece and my skin got all sore and dry & flaky because I hadn’t kept the moisture levels up on my post-holiday skin. I was determined to get into a routine and then I discovered this product when browsing in boots.

I immediately thought in shower? How’s that going to work? What a silly idea! But being that it was near the end of the month (and I was running low on pennies) and it was on offer I thought I’d give it a go and if it was rubbish it wouldn’t matter. So, how does it work? You basically apply your normal body wash in the shower, rinse off and then apply a good layer of the Nivea in shower moisturiser. Once you have applied you simply wash off as you would any other body product.


The first thing I noticed was the scent. I picked up the indulging cocoa scent. It smells really luxurious when you are applying it. Once I had applied and then rinsed off I could still notice the scent lingering on my skin which was lovely. I thought I felt a bit of a film like texture on my skin initially but that soon disappeared once I’d towel dried myself. I have to say once I had rinsed it off I didn’t notice the difference, it was when I was dried and about to start getting dressed again I noticed how incredibly soft my skin felt and how that lovely, lovely smell was still on my skin. My dry skin on my legs instantly looked better and felt softer. It claims to have 24+ hours of care, I am happy to say my skin was in excellent condition the next day and has been so much better since I started using this. The best part is that you can get dressed as soon as you are towel dried – none of this waiting around nonsense for it to sink in!

I can’t believe how good this product is for such a bargain price, it has become an essential part of my routine and one that was easy to get into a regular habit of using as it’s so quick and easy! One thing you do have to be careful of is that it can make the floor of the shower quite slippery so make sure it’s properly rinsed away or it can get a bit like and ice rink!


Priced at £3.55 & Available here.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love how great it smells!
    xo,
    The Londonian Girl
    http://thelondoniangirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, it smells so indulgent! xx

      Delete
  2. I had a sample of this and loved it! I should really pick up the big version, especially for the colder months when my skin does get a bit dry. I love using a shower oil as well - they do a good job of keeping the skin smooth and happy in the shower :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worked wonders on my dry skin, I've not tried a shower oil before! They sound interesting! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm so intrigued by this!! I keep seeing the ads on TV and, same as you, figured it was a bit of a gimmick. Might have to give it a try now :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised at how much I loved it - you should definitely give it a go! xxx

      Delete

I always love to read your thoughts on my blog! xxxx