Friday, 14 November 2014

My Everyday Makeup Essentials

We all have certain products we reach for on a daily basis, the ones we couldn't be without and the ones we will repurchase on a permanent basis, I thought you might like to see mine! 

 I use these products pretty much every day for my “work face” as they are usually fool proof and quick and easy to use (trust me this is needed for me in the morning!). I need to use products that allow me to get a nice natural look without taking hours. I tend to go for quite a natural look when I’m at work as I want to look professional and put together. 
I usually have about fifteen minutes to get my makeup looking nice as I will take the extra fifteen minutes in bed over getting ready, especially in the winter when I literally have to roll myself out of bed in the morning.


The face essentials:



Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer – This peach tinted primer is my first step after moisturising, it helps to keep my skin looking matte and non-shiny especially around my T-zone. I find it helps my makeup sit better on my skin and I feel a lot fresher and brighter after applying this.
Benefit Big Easy BB Cream – As time really is not on my side most mornings I always reach for this BB cream, it provides a good level of coverage, whilst being easy to apply and blend on the quick. It’s a lovely thick BB cream so does give a pretty decent amount of coverage, It’s the best BB cream I’ve come across out of all the ones I’ve tried.
Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer – I love the constancy of this concealer pen, I apply with a brush to minimise the spread of any bacteria and apply to blemishes. It gives a great level of coverage and blends in well with my BB cream.

The Eye Essentials:


Soap and Glory Archery – I have recently become a fan of bold eyebrows, they really frame the face and I think it gives a good polished look. I have to be careful not to overdo them (I don’t want to look like I have two caterpillars having a snooze over my eyes!) I find this duel ended pen is amazing, the brush tip end means I can precisely fill in any gaps and the crayon gives an overall fuller look.
Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara – I’m actually just using this one up as I’m not hugely impressed with it but it does give a lovely natural look to my lashes. See my previous review here.
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara – I’m on my fourth of this mascara, it is completely unsmudgeable – perfect for a long day at work. It makes applying mascara to my bottom lashes a breeze! 
Soap and Glory Supercat Liner – I like a good felt tip liner and this one by soap and glory is super black, it makes me feel instantly more put together and the felt tip means that I can apply this in about 30 seconds with minimal mistakes!

Lip Essentials:



Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm – My current lip balm obsession (review to come soon!) this is the perfect winter time conditioning balm. I apply this to soften out any dry patches.
Benefit Lolli Balm – I don’t always apply this, it usually depends on how much time I have before I need to leave. I love this balm, it adds a lovely light lilac tint to the lips & looks nice and natural for work.

The Easy Essentials:



Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Blusher – I’m having a bit of a Soap and Glory moment, everything I’ve tried from them I’ve been so impressed with! This stick pan cream blusher is so quick to apply, simply swipe and blend and I’m good to go! The beautiful coral colour is lovely too!
Benefit Fake Up – This conditioning under eye concealer helps my tired eyes look brighter and the conditioning balm is meant to help keep wrinkles at bay!


So there you go, a guide to my everyday essentials, as you can see I love anything that is essentially time saving as I like to have a full face of makeup for work but I need it to be quick and to look as natural as possible. If you fancy seeing reviews on any of these products just let me know in the comments below! 

12 comments:

  1. Lovely post, thanks for sharing! <3

    I'm your newest follower, please check out my blog if you can;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fake up, but for the price, makes it hard to use daily. :/
    Angie x
    www.chocolateandlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't the Benebalms the best?! I haven't tried The Big Easy yet, but you have definitely motivated me to give it a try!

    -- Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Big Easy foundation - never have to wear powder with it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post - I haven't used any Soap and Glory make up products - need to pick some up!

    Drea xo
    Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lolli balm sounds so lovely! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Out of these products I'd really love to pick up the Bourjois primer (I'm always on the lookout for new ones!) and the Soap & Glory Archery brow pencil, as I've heard so many good things about it. This looks like such a gorgeous everyday makeup look!

    Meg at Meg Says

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the rolling yourself out of bed part, especially in the winter. Everything always gets so dark earlier, it drives me crazy. These are great products to create an everyday look.
    Bright Shiny Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your list, thanks for sharing! I'm really interested in your brow pencil. I use the Anastasia dipbrow, but I'm always on the hunt for something faster for my brows.

    polished.tv

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay I think I definitely need to check out Soap and Glory - your post confirms that I'm missing out having never tried anything of theirs! I think first on the hit list will be brow archery - I love a good brow product! xx
    www.lovedbylaura.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great essentials!!!!!
    -Jenna <3
    Trying to get to 300 followers! The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your thoughts on my blog! xxxx