Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Fireworks, Football & Five Guys!

 Last weekend my Boyfriend took me away to Manchester because he wanted me to share in his favourite thing: Football, Mainly Manchester United.

We kicked the weekend off with a fireworks display in my village before we drove up. My little village may be in the middle of nowhere but it has one of the best displays around!











On the Saturday morning we got up, sleepy headed but excited at 6:15 and made the 2 and a half hour drive up to Manchester. We got there and realised it’s not called the rainy city for nothing – It was chucking it down! We got out of the rain and went to explore the Trafford Centre.

I’ve never been to Manchester so the Trafford Centre was a new experience for me! It’s probably the best shopping centre I’ve ever been to, with every shop you could possibly need all under one roof. I loved the Christmas Decorations they had up. 




We didn’t have that much time to explore as kick off was at three so we went to the ultimate burger joint – Five Guys.



Look at the cheese on that bad boy!

Five Guys is a bit of an institution in America and it has worked its way across the pond, I’ve had five guys once before and I have been having cheeseburger shaped dreams ever since so I was one very happy girl! I went for a little bacon cheeseburger with extra cheese and bbq sauce. I like my Burgers bacony and cheesy with little else so this suited me fine! I love the drinks machines where you can pick pretty much any drink you can imagine!


I have to say whilst it was amazing, the one I had at Westfield in London was a little better! But now I’ve had my five Guys Fix and this will satisfy my craving for a while!

We walked past the Lego store and me being the child I am, couldn't resist having a photo with Harry & Hagrid!



Finally it was off to Old Trafford for the part my boyfriend was most excited about, Manchester United Vs Crystal Palace! We did a spot of shopping before we went in – I am now the proud owner of a very cosy Man U scarf. Once my purse felt a little lighter we decided to go find our seats. We were in the Sir Alex Ferguson stand, really high up and in the corner. This meant we had a great view of the pitch but the players did look a little like ants!






I really enjoyed the game, the weather got better and I surprised myself by getting really into it and cheered extra loud when Mata scored! Was amazing to get to see a win for my first game and I’m looking forward to going again!

We did plan on going out for dinner after the match but after such a long day we just chilled out with Saturday night TV as we were both so tired!

I had an amazing time in Manchester, next time I hope we can explore the city a bit more and I plan on making a shopping assault on the Trafford Centre soon! 


20 comments:

  1. I love Manchester - it is such a great city to visit, you should definitely go into the centre and have a wander as some of it is really beautiful! I love the trafford centre too, haven't been in ages but need to go soon. Glad you had a good time :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really disappointed that we didn't get to explore more of the city, but we just ran out of time! I definitely want to go back soon :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Amazing pictures, looks like you had a great time! I love the lego Harry Potter statues :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - It was such a lovely weekend! I couldn't resist getting a picture with them! I love all things harry potter xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading this post since it's filled with a few of my favorite things: fireworks, football, and 5 guys! lights, action, sports, and good eats :) Happy Thursday, Rachel :)
    http://www.lovecompassionatelee.com/thinkoutloud/2014/10/27/102714

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! I had such a lovely weekend and I'm now dreaming of five guys again! xx

      Delete
  5. Awesome photos! Those fireworks look so pretty :-)

    http://ramblesandbramblesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! the fireworks were amazing - so beautiful xxx

      Delete
  6. I've never seen a Manchester United game!Im glad you had so much fun :)
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was so much fun! I really enjoyed it - I can't wait to go again! xxx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. thank you! me too, they make me happy xxx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. thank you! I know, I'm literally craving it again already! xxxx

      Delete
  9. Love all the photos! I've never even heard of Five Guys before but I really want to try one now!
    Reinventing Neesha ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) You should definitely try it out - the most amazing burgers ever!!! xxx

      Delete
  10. Aw, the fireworks look so pretty, making wish I had gone to see them this year!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try and make sure I see a display around fireworks night as it always makes me happy to see them! xxx

      Delete
  11. Just obsessed with your photography, another great post!xxx

    amyemarshment.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, you've made me smile! xxxx

      Delete

I always love to read your thoughts on my blog! xxxx