Wednesday, 29 October 2014

Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara

Just like my holy grail lip balm I am always on the look out for the ultimate mascara. For me, the best mascara I’ve ever used is YSL’s Shocking Faux Clis but being a wee bit fickle I tend to flit between different brands to see if any can top my favourite.

I picked up this mascara recently after reading good things online. Priced at £17.00 it is one of the cheaper high end mascaras. It promised to give me larger than life eyelashes with a 10-in-one volumizing formula. So did it live up to it’s claims? Read on to find out…

I initially didn’t like the packaging, it’s in a silver plastic tube with a spiral top lid. I find it shows up grubby finger marks really easy and I think it looks a little cheap for the £17.00 price tag. Maybe I’m a make-up snob but I feel that if I’m shelling out £17 for a high end mascara it should at least look like it!


The wand itself is where it gets interesting, it’s a helix shaped plastic bristled wand. It’s designed to allow the wand to distributed the product from all angles and then create a more even coat to the lashes. I don’t have a preference when it comes to bristle vs plastic wands but I found the wand does what It’s meant to. It applied evenly with no horrible clumps and it managed to get nearly all my lashes.


In terms of wear it lasted well however I did notice some smudging towards the end of the day, something that my beloved YSL does not do. It did keep my lashes in a lovely condition, and they didn’t look spidery or clumpy. The volume this mascara gave was nice, it just wasn’t as amazing as I wanted it to be. It left my lashes looking naturally volumised, it didn’t do much in terms of length but this isn’t something it claims to do.  Getting it off at the end of the day was easy, but it’s not very splash proof!  When I got caught out in the rain I looked like I’d been doing a panda impression! (oops).

Left Eye: Natural Eyelashes, Right Eye: With the Mascara

I will use this mascara up as it gives a lovely naturally volumised look which is perfect for when I am at work, but it doesn’t offer the wow factor needed when you’ve got a night out or special occasion. For me the search continues, I think I’m gunna have to go back to my old faithful soon!

 If you fancy trying out this mascara it is available to purchase here

6 comments:

  1. Goodness me - what a dramatic difference! I never would have thought to try the bare minerals mascaras!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised! It's not the best I've ever used but it is still pretty decent! x

      Delete
  2. your lashes look great!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the natural look it gives your lashes, but it's a shame the formula is a little smudgy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing that let this mascara down if it didn't smudge it'd be a great everyday mascara x

      Delete

I always love to read your thoughts on my blog! xxxx